thewinestore.mu – Terms and Conditions
Please read the terms and conditions of thewinestore.mu (hereinafter referred to as “this website”, “us”, “we”, “our”) carefully. We reserve the right to update these terms and conditions at any time, without notice. Please note that should there be any discrepancy between the terms and conditions below and the contents of this website, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
- To place an order with us, you need to register on this website first.
- By registering with us, you confirm that:
- You agree to all the terms and conditions of this website;
- You are 18 years old or above;
- If you buy the products for a third party, the recipient is also 18 years old or above.
- A registered account with us can only be in the name of one person at a time.
- You are required to keep your personal details accurate and updated.
- You are responsible for all activities and orders placed under your registered account.
- You may deregister with us at any time by contacting our Customer Service.
- If you believe that a third party has hacked into or otherwise tampered with your registered account, please contact our Customer Service immediately, failing which we will not be liable for any loss, damage and/or prejudice suffered as a result of such hacking, tampering or otherwise.
- We reserve the right to suspend or cancel your account with us at any time if you are suspected of having misused or breached the security and/or the terms and conditions of this website.
- Our products are sold at the price advertised on the website at the time of your order. We reserve the right to change the prices at any time, prior to the confirmation of your order, without notice.
- All prices are inclusive of VAT applicable at the time of your order but exclusive of delivery charges.
- The applicable delivery charges will be added to the total price of the products at the time of payment.
3. Offers, promotions and meal and wine pairing
- You should rely on the product text description when you place your order. Photographs do not form part of the contract of sale and are for guidance only. We remind you that product descriptions are subjective and that a description of the taste, colour or otherwise cannot be binding on us.
- We also draw your attention to the fact that the meal and wine pairing options are our suggestions to you and cannot be binding on us.
- We reserve the right to withdraw or vary our offers and promotions at any time, prior to the confirmation of your order, without notice.
- Tasting of wines which you intend to order is not possible.
- We only accept payment by Visa or MasterCard.
- All payments are made using the secure online banking of MCB MasterCard Internet Gateway Service.
- Your bank details are not recorded on our database and are managed solely by the secured MasterCard Internet Gateway Service.
- At check-out, your credit card is automatically debited with the full amount due.
- Once payment is cleared, you will receive an automated confirmation email of your order. At that stage, you will not be able to add extra products to that particular order.
5. Delivery/Collection at pick-up points
- Delivery services and collection at pick-up point are only available in Mauritius.
- Only one delivery address is allowed per order placed.
- Door-to-door delivery is charged at the flat rate of Rs150 per delivery address for any one order. There will no delivery charges for orders above Rs. 5,750.
- The products will be delivered by the independent carrier TNT, at the address given upon placing the order.
- We endeavour to deliver within 3 clear working days from the date of the order.
- Delivery is made on working days only, between 09h00 and 18h00, without prior notification.
- If no one is present to take delivery at the delivery address, we will endeavour to make a second attempt at delivery on the next working day. Should we be unsuccessful at delivery on this second attempt, your order will be redirected to the Riche Terre pick-up point and we will inform you accordingly by email. The delivery fee will not be refunded to you.
- Collection of products at the pick-up points is free. The pick-up points to-date are:
- thewinestore.mu, Industrial Zone 1, Riche Terre;
- We endeavour to make the products available for collection within 2 clear working days from the date of the order.
- We will notify you by email when your order is ready to be collected.
- Delivery and collection is made when the customer signs the delivery/collection slip.
- You have to show your National Identity Card as proof of identity as well as your Order Number before delivery or collection can be made. Your NIC number will be noted down by the carrier or by our agent at the chosen pick-up point.
- If a third party takes delivery of your order, he/she will also have to show his/her own NIC before delivery can be made. The carrier or agent at the pick-up point will note down his/her NIC number.
- We will not be liable for the late or non-delivery of the products or for any loss, damage and/or prejudice suffered as a result of any incorrect delivery or other information you have provided us or occasioned by events beyond our reasonable control.
- We remind you that extra care should be taken when lifting and carrying wine cases or any of our products advertised for sale on our website, as these may be heavy.
6. Links to third party websites and advertisements
- We reserve the right to remove any links to third party websites and advertisements at any time, without notice.
7. Technical problems on the website
- We endeavour to provide you with the best service possible.
- However, we cannot guarantee that the service will be free from technical problems at the level of the website. If you come across any technical problem, please contact our Customer Service and we will remedy to the situation as soon as we reasonably can.
- There may be restricted access to the website during periods of repairs and/or maintenance.
- For internet safety purposes, we would encourage you to install firewalls and antivirus programs on your computer. We are not responsible for any failure in the internet or for any external intrusion.
8. Intellectual property
- The content of this website is protected by copyrights, trademarks, database and other intellectual property rights.
- You may copy or store the content of this website only for your own personal, noncommercial use, provided you keep intact all copyright and proprietary notices.
- It is strictly prohibited to make use of this website other than for the viewing of information displayed on this website, for ordering purposes and for sponsoring your friends.
9. Data protection
- By registering with us and ordering from us, you consent to us collecting, recording and processing your personal data to process your orders, improve our service to you and to inform you of promotions and special offers. All data is collected lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2004.
- The data collected from you will be used solely by thewinestore.mu. The data will not be shared with any third parties, unless passing on your details is necessary to ensure the products you ordered gets to you or the intended recipient.
- We will only send you information on promotions and special offers with your express permission. If you opt in and then wish to opt out of it, you can do so by contacting our Customer Service.
- If you have any further queries in relation to Data Protection, please contact our Customer Service.
10. Applicable law
- The relevant laws of Mauritius will apply to these terms and conditions and the courts of Mauritius will have exclusive jurisdiction.
- If any of these terms and conditions is found to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, it will not affect the remaining terms and conditions. These will continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by Mauritian law.